You are always welcome at the Brooklyn Heights Synagogue. We encourage you to worship with us on a Friday evening, a Saturday morning, or any holiday service throughout the year, so you can get a feel for our community.
Many of our programs, classes, lectures, and other special events are also open to the public, so please join us. If you would like to tour our building, talk with someone from our Membership Committee, or arrange a meeting with Sue Gold, our Executive Director, please email us at
or call us at 718-522-2070.
Are you interested learning more about BHS and perhaps joining us?
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Benefits of Membership
Our synagogue is open to the community for many events and services, but there are some privileges that are reserved for members only:
- Religious School for your children
- The opportunity to purchase grave sites in our cemetery section
- Priority consideration given to longstanding members (5+ years) for admission to our Preschool and all members accepted are privileged to a discount on Preschool tuition
- The use of our beautiful sanctuary and the services of our clergy at your lifecycle events: baby naming or brit milah, bar or bat mitzvah, wedding, memorial service.
- Synagogue Retreat
- Our annual Getting to Know You Dinners
- And of course, the opportunity to help shape the future of Brooklyn Heights Synagogue:
- Creating events
- Volunteering for an event or program, on a committee, at worship services
- Voting at our annual meeting
- Serving as a trustee or officer of the congregation
- And generally becoming an integral member of our special community
- Social Action and Committee volunteer opportunities
Click here to download our Application Form or go to our Join Us page
Already a member? Click here for BHS Online Membership Services.