posted May 2016
JOB DESCRIPTION: Office Manager
Brooklyn Heights Synagogue in search of an Office Manager to work closely with staff and administration, and to facilitate office and building operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Management of all general office functions, including providing IT and telecommunications systems assistance to departments (in consultation with service vendors)
· Serve as office receptionist; strong IT and customer service skills
· Ability to quickly learn about ritual traditions and customs and to carry out communication tasks related to same; must be able to work during Jewish holidays.
· Processing of payables and revenue to our outsourced bookkeeping service; tracking of invoices as needed; resolution of disputes with vendors; responsible for petty cash control and reporting
· Manage inventory system for office supplies and equipment and conduct price comparisons and ordering of supplies; perform all (non-technical) maintenance on office equipment (e.g. replenish toner in copy machines and laser printers, resolve paper jams, IT troubleshooting, etc.); call equipment maintenance/repair companies as necessary (for telephone, copy machine, etc.); supervise custodial schedule and report problems to provider.
· Calendar Coordination including scheduling of security staff; Special events coordination for the organization; space utilization; accurately update daily, weekly and monthly information boards
· Develop and design program publicity, ticketing & registration for events, flyers and web material for website and e-bulletin. Coordinate congregational mailings as needed.
· With word processing skills, help prepare agency correspondence, reports, etc.
· Help maintain agency’s website and other social media sites.
· When necessary, act as messenger and postal carrier-pigeon.
· Communicate office related information to staff of all levels; punctual and reliable
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm; abbreviated summer schedule
Qualifications: College degree (BA) or higher, plus relevant experience; exemplary organizational and interpersonal skills; strong Adobe Suite skills; excellent oral and written communications skills (in English); advanced word processing skills; high technology IQ and competency with full suite of Microsoft office applications and proprietary software; accurate data-entry skills; the ability to handle multiple assignments and projects concurrently under pressure; stamina and high energy level; patience and sensitivity to manage calls and visits from congregants and the general public; prior not-for-profit experience preferred but not required; excellent references.
Job Type: Full-time; eligible for health benefits after 3 months (medical, dental, vision); vacation depending on tenure
Required experience: Administrative: 2 years
Required education: College degree or equivalent
Salary: $35,000 - $40,000 depending on education and/or experience; growth potential over time